Friday 24 June 2011

The Royal Wedding Hat

Like most schools in the country/world my childrens school held a royal wedding hat competition. I worked very hard on my daughters hat but credit where credit's due, at 6 she knew exactly what she wanted, no chance of fobbing her off with a little Union Jack tiara (I tried my best). I'm pleased to say that my efforts paid off and she was the overall winner, yikes. The school kept the hat to put it on display. I got it back today as they are starting to clear out for the end of term in a few weeks.
 I didn't get a chance to blog about it back in May as the glue was still drying as she went to school that day.
She asked for a wedding cake hat with a bride and groom and birds, I think I ticked all the boxes, she seemed happy enough with it, she's certainly a hard taskmaster lol.

3 comments:

  1. this is so much fun! you must tell her that I would proudly wear it upon my head, and I live way over here in the States! I think it is GREAT!!!! you should both be very proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    WOW what a Fabulous hat!!! Your daughter certainly knew what she wanted then lol... Congrats on it winning.. not surprised as it is a Fabulous creation !!!
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well done you and your daughter for the inspiration. That is a hat worthy of winning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me comments, I love getting them. ~*~Happy Crafting~*~
Mel :o)