Friday 27 January 2012

Polka dots and a new vocation

I've decided that I missed my vocation in life, my mum always said I should have been a nurse and oh boy with the amount of ill peeps in my house recently that is all I've done. I'm up and down the stairs like a yo yo. It's the OH's turn now bless him and he really isn't very well at all. He's sleeping after a terrible night and the kids have been dispatched hopefully for a full day in school with no phone calls.
So it's..............
Blogger time for a bit whoop :o). Today I have a card which I made especially for the Polka Doodles fb/twitter (@Polkadoodles_uk) challenge. Nikky provided the image for the challenge and you have until Sunday 29th Jan to enter.
I printed the image off and my first instinct was to do some paper piecing as I thought that would look cool but as I was pondering I spotted my collection of silk threads, many of which match my promarkers perfectly and an idea was born :o).
Voila

I started off by colouring the images with my promakers and did all of my blending etc then I got my pokey tool and created the holes I needed to stitch through. Once I had finished the stitch work I used my white pen to create the polka dots. I was going to stitch around the edges of the card but didn't think it needed it, you can mess too much sometimes :o).


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! The flowers are gorgeous and love the colours. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable card. Love it.
    Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website: www.linkupforpink.com
    We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers and the polka dots on them are a perfect touch. Hope everyone gets well soon. Thanks for joining us at MMCS

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me comments, I love getting them. ~*~Happy Crafting~*~
Mel :o)