Tuesday 6 March 2012

Congratulations Card

My mum asked me if I could make a special card for a newly engaged couple so I looked through my images and thought this one was really gorgeous and appropriate for the occasion.
I went for a Spring feel to my card as  it definately feels a bit warmer, I've even had some washing out on the line :o)


The papers are from First Edition their "Spring Drop" Paper Pad. The paper is glittery but hasn't photographed very well. I coloured the image with my promarkers and added some Crystal lacquer  to the little flowers to give them a sheen. I added pearls to each corner and a "Congratulations" sentiment. Mum loved the card and I hope the recipients did to.
Happy Crafting
Mel :o)
Challenges entered with this card:-
Craft your passion challenges - 100th challenge - anything goes 12/3
Pollycraft challenge blog - challenge 130 - spring has sprung I was thinking spring colours when I designed this card.
Lollipop crafts - challenge 70 - clean and simple (I only added 4 pearls to embellish)
Totally stampalicious - Spring is in the air to me spring is the season for love and what better way to celebrate that than to congratulate someone on their engagement.
Crafting when we can challenges - challenge 13 - animals
Deep ocean challenge - challenge 20 - Spring

6 comments:

  1. The image is absolutetely perfect for a newly engaged couple. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweeet...its perfect...ahhhh, young love....Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is so sweet! Lovely Spring colours!

    Thanks for joining us for the Spring has Sprung challenge this week at Pollycraft!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely work Mel, so sweet and amazing!

    Thanks for playing with us at Deep Ocean this fortnight.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Mel, perfect for a couple. You're right about the paper it looks very Spring like, great for this time of year.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card....you've done a great job of coloring the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can. Janet. DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me comments, I love getting them. ~*~Happy Crafting~*~
Mel :o)