Wednesday 31 August 2011

Spots, dots and diecuts

This card sees quite a change in colour scheme for me. I usually end up playing with my bright papers. I wanted to do something more muted this time and as I couldn't decide between pink or blue I used both. The image is from the Jellypark store (store closed for the moment but should be open in a week or so). The backing paper, paper ribbon and flowers are from the polkadoodles Magical Winter cd's. I used my trusty promarkers to colour the image. I layered up some scrap papers, die cut the edges then paper pieced them together and punched through with a decorative corner punch. I die cut some circles to mount the flowers on. I put some big chunky gems in the centre of each flower and a gorgy pearl in each corner and voila.



Mel :o)
I will be entering this card into the following challenges:-
Polkadoodle challenge week 34 - spots and dots - I used spotty and dotty papers and flowers. (ends Sept 4th 12 noon)
Send a smile for Kids - Diecuts and Punches I diecut the edges and circles and punched the corners. (ends Sept 2nd 6pm)
Passion for Promarker week 115 - anything goes
Craft us Crazy challenge 15 - anything goes
Sew many cards challenge #66 - edge punch - I edged the papers on the corners of the card

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors of you card and the image is just adorable, beautifully done! Thanks for joining us this week @ Send A Smile 4 Kids, hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love the cute image and the corners are great! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Mel, thanks for joining us at PfP this week, good luck.
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card - such fun - thanks for playing along at Polka Doodles. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me comments, I love getting them. ~*~Happy Crafting~*~
Mel :o)